I know everyone says this but I really do hate my job... actually I would say it is beyond hate for my job, I hate my career. I wish I could go back in time when I decided this was what I was going to do for the rest of my life and thought better of it.
I don't mind the company I work for, they are the same as any company, but I am a bit annoyed at the fact that I should have been changed from a PRN status to a FT status by now and I haven't so I still get no vacation time or sick time or any of the other extra bonuses of being a full fledged employee. I have been here over a year now, and I need a fucking vacation!!
One bonus I do get is the luxury of getting to work from home, but sometimes it is not as great as it would seem. I still work full time hours, and I still have to meet my productivity standards but people think if your sitting at home working you can goof off or do all this stuff you can't do at the office and in part this is true, i.e.: I can chat on the phone or search the Internet on my laptop without worry, but I also have to make sure I get my work done and I answer my emails and phone calls promptly or I am in big shit.
I LOVE my family, they are the reason I get out of bed in the morning, and some days I think if they were not here I probably wouldn't be either, but they don't seem to understand that what I do at home is the same as what I would have to do in an office and that means I can't stop every ten minutes to make something to eat or call some place or run out and pay a bill... I mean really can you just run out and pay bills and call all over the green earth to get something done when your at work?
I guess what it boils down to is I know everyone has fanciful dreams growing up of being someone that is special and unique and although I don't think I am nothing, I can't help but think I missed what ever boat it was I was suppose to get on in life. I feel like Arthur Dent some days, I feel as if something important is going on in the world and no one will tell me what it is...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment